DOMESTIC VIOLENCE VOICES(A POEM ABOUT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE)


You say you love me but when you get mad, you hate me.
You say there is no one you would rather spend the rest of your life with
BUT..when you get mad you say you wish you never met me.
You say I'm the best thing that ever happened to you
BUT..then you turn around and curse me, hurt me,
threaten to take my life and possibly even attempt to take my life.
What is this that we are going through? What has gotten a hold of you?
Or what has gotten a hold of me?
That i have decided to stay in-spite of all this dismay, in-spite of all this hurt and pain.
You are begging me to stay as I proceed to leave and I stop for a minute as i see the tears roll down Your eyes saying you love me and you never meant for me to cry,
You say you know I didn't deserve what I was getting.
You put my pain at ease for a minute.
I think you love me at least I hope.. because I know I love you,
So I decide to stay and say ok lets make it work.
BUT then later you start to turn on me again, it starts to feel like a repeat of a sin that I continue to commit again and again.
And I say to the Lord deliver me from this, heal me and release me.
I realize I don't know my worth, I start to feel like this is some sort of curse.
What did i do to deserve this?
Tormented and degraded by someone who loves me or loves themselves rather...
Domestic Violence Voices...
These are the voices that I hear when I try to be strong and move on
BUT thankfully I'm getting to hear the spiritual voice,
That is moving me along, healing my hurts, helping me realize my worth,
Showing me what true love is and I now believe that I can begin again
And live a life of freedom where I don't have to fear for myself or my family and friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A PRAYER FOR VICTIMS, SURVIVORS, AND ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Domestic Violence and Alcohol (Guest Post)

When People Don't Believe You