Let Your Loneliness Lead You To Greatness


At some point in time, we have all experienced a feeling of loneliness. For some, loneliness can be too much to bear. When we become lonely we start to replay memories of the past and we start to feel sad. Sometimes loneliness can also lead to depression.

This post is not just for those who have experienced or witnessed domestic violence, this post is for everyone. I wrote this post to encourage you because I too have experienced loneliness, but I believe that we can use our feelings of loneliness to lead us to greatness. Look at this quote below by Mr. Yousuf Karsh. I believe what He says is so true.

I believe that God uses loneliness to get us closer to Him, He uses loneliness to speak to us. Sometimes you need to be alone in order to think clearly. I know for me personally, I have prefer to be alone when I am working. It gives me time to focus and to relax. How can you fully create in a environment full of noise?



 
 
 
I would like to share another quote with you, this is a quote that actually changed my life a couple of years ago when I first saw it. Look at this quote below by Mr. Dag Hammarskjold.
 
 
 
At the time that I first saw this quote, I was going through a rough time in my life. A time when I felt alone and I wanted to give up, but this quote gave me life because I know that I have purpose. So instead of me allowing my loneliness to bring me down, why wouldn't I just allow it to lift me up? So I pose this question to you: What is your passion? Along with that question, when you start
 to feel lonely what are you wishing for?
 
I challenge you to allow your loneliness to lead you to lead  you to greatness. You would be surprise. What if you got lonely and just started to write? It's possible that it could turn into a book. What if you got lonely and start to sing? It's possible that it could turn into a song? What if you go lonely and found your purpose? If it wasn't for my loneliness, I'm sure that this blog wouldn't be here today. If it wasn't for my loneliness, I would not have discovered that my pain had purpose and that purpose is to help someone else who will or is going through what I'm going through.
 
So what will you do the next time you start to feel lonely? It is all up to you, but from me to you, I pray that it leads you to greatness.
 
 
God bless,
 
Nicole Lofton

Comments

  1. I definitely think my loneliness helped lead me towards greatness. I use to hate my situation (not domestic violence) and I still don't care for it but without it, I wouldn't have got this personal growth that I feel has been vital for me. Thanks to God and spirituality, I have found such peace. I hope you continue to dare to be great and keep faith during those harder times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading my post and commenting on it. Thank you also for sharing how you have used your loneliness and turned it into something positive and thank you for the encouragement. I pray that God's will continue to be done through you. I will check out your blog as well. God bless.

      Delete
  2. Hi Nicole - I am a fellow UBC participant. I enjoyed reading your post. I am a widow so at times feel lonely, although I am actively involved in raising my grandchildren so I don't have much time to dwell on it. I especially loved the Dag Hammerskjold quote. I totally agree that pain must have purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie,

      Thank you so much for reading my post and sharing with me. I think it is great that you can pour your love into your grand kids. Our pain definitely has purpose although at times it is hard to see it. Thanks again for reading.

      Delete
  3. I am happy that you have found your purpose, Nicole. You tell a beautiful story and I'm sure you will uplift many people with your words. Bless you, and all the best in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jeanne, God bless you as well and all that you do.

      Delete
  4. Hi Nicole = Ur post is just beutiful .It is absolutely true..I think there is a link between loneliness and greatness...History has been a witness to the loneliness of great men, who were geniuses...loneliness has a reason and it is important for our personal growth...Thank u Nicole for sharing ur experience with us and helping us ...today i feel so depressed and so lonely that i have cried many times...the previous year 2013 had gone very bad for me and it was the worst year ...after reading ur post i feel like i have found something to do some great..as someone already said that you will uplift many people with your words and it is true only the one who experience and know the feeling of loneliness can help those who goes through the exact same thing......i feel so happy now ..once again thank u & A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR .GOD BLESS U...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) Thank you for your comments. I am glad that this post could make you feel better. I know that you have some greatness in you! You inspired me with your comments. Thank you so much for reading and comment. God bless you and Happy New Year to you as well.

      Delete
  5. Don't make the mistake I made last year of shopping around for a lawyer for weeks. I should have trusted my gut and chose the first one who was qualified. By the time I hired a lawyer I made the mistake of letting the other insurance company talk me into settling for less money than I deserved. They really worked me over pretty good.

    Kim Hunter @ K Hunter Law

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A PRAYER FOR VICTIMS, SURVIVORS, AND ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Domestic Violence and Alcohol (Guest Post)

When People Don't Believe You